Borne from the expertise of Eurofins Scientific’s Digital Testing, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics and Content divisions, Resillion brings together over 600 experts with a passion for making IoT work. Each component is key to the overall success and functionality of all things IoT, creating and delivering the best in testing technologies everywhere.
Resillion has a global presence, operating in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific; we are a global company with local capability, providing end-to-end quality assurance, testing solutions, and cyber security. No matter your industry, your geographical location, or stage in your digital transformation, Resillion will be by your side to realise you and your organisation’s ambitions.
You will join a strong, proactive team, working on a vast variety of different and exciting projects, and we invest our time and energy in supporting you to develop your skills further. You will get the opportunity to work with our talented and committed experts, who are delivering a service which is second to none.
We are seeking individuals interested in technology, particularly in understanding how media and devices function, to join our team. As part of a world-leading testing specialist company, you will work with a supportive team of great people, developing software tools that ensure the proper functioning of everyday devices and services. The role offers:
- A modern office in Central Bristol, with a commitment to long-term hybrid working, combining home and onsite work.
- Encouragement for a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours, including part-time work options.
- Discretionary annual company bonus, 24 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, casual dress code, Perkbox Benefit portal providing discounts and free monthly treats, 24/7 employee assistance program.
- Dedicated mental health and wellbeing support team.
The Role: As a member of our team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, updating, and improving our state-of-the-art test tools and materials. You will work collaboratively with colleagues to create media creation and validation toolchains, software, and hardware components. In addition, you will:
- Analyse specifications for new media technologies, interpreting abstract requirements into testable objectives and then code that will exercise a complex test environment
- Contribute to international organizations and standards development, particularly in testability and clarifying ambiguity.
- Participate in global technology deployments, such as the Advanced Television Systems Committee ATSC 3.0 “NEXTGEN TV” in the U.S. and Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) in Europe.
- Mentor and develop colleagues with your unique expertise and experience, ensuring quality is core to all we do by reviewing and checking our work.
The Location: Our offices are in Bristol City Centre, next to Cabot Circus, with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Our office offers fantastic views of the city centre, and the area is an excellent place to live and work, with plenty going on. We work in a hybrid mode, combining remote and onsite work to facilitate collaboration and the use of specialist lab equipment.
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates with:
- The ability to critically analyse international technical media, broadcast standards, and help contribute to discussions, ensuring they are testable.
- Proven experience with agile software development using Python/Django to help translate designs into products.
- Experience or awareness of some or all the following:
- media standards (such as DASH, ATSC, DVB, MPEG),
- media tools (such as FFMPEG, GPAC),
- digital rights management (DRM) especially Widevine, and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI),
- TV/STB/Streaming dongle middleware,
- ATSC 3.0, HbbTV, or previous exposure to MHP, MHEG,
- Azure cloud infrastructure (some of our product components are cloud-based, others local client software).
If you are passionate about technology and want to work with a supportive team, develop your skills further, and contribute to the development of innovative technologies, we encourage you to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply online or contact Lisa McCafferty ([email protected]).Apply here