Borne from the expertise of Eurofins Scientific’s Digital Testing, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics and Content divisions, Resillion brings together over 600 experts with a passion for making IoT work. Each component is key to the overall success and functionality of all things IoT, creating and delivering the best in testing technologies everywhere.
Resillion has a global presence, operating in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific; we are a global company with local capability, providing end-to-end quality assurance, testing solutions, and cyber security. No matter your industry, your geographical location, or stage in your digital transformation, Resillion will be by your side to realise you and your organisation’s ambitions.
Digital Investigator / Senior Digital Investigator – IT Forensics – Birmingham City Centre
**Must be able to work 5 days a week in Birmingham and be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)**
To undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of digital devices supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court.
- Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of digital equipment.
- Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs.
- Organise your own day to day casework activities to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
- To work in accordance with best scientific and commercial practice to deliver, often complex, computer/mobile devices investigation related projects on time, within budget and to the appropriate quality.
- Attend customer premises to advise and assist in seizure of equipment and on-site acquisitions.
- Oversee Research and Development work completed by other members of the team.
- Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings.
- Review of colleague’s reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards.
- Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case.
- Buddy or mentor junior members of staff
- Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations.
- Liaise with customers to keep them abreast with progression of their cases.
- Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
- Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness.
- No direct/indirect reports.
- No budgetary responsibility
Knowledge, experience, and technical skills
- Experienced Computer/Mobile Investigator
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science or computer forensic investigation.
- Proven track record in forensic computer investigation. Demonstrating competence and expertise from initial imaging, analysis and giving evidence in Crown Court as an Expert.
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, experience of working with networks and also the various forensic software tools available.
- Experience of working in a forensic environment to the highest ethical standards.
- Good understanding of the UK legislation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of court procedure and etiquette of an expert witness, disclosure and continuity.
- Customer focus.
- Able to mentor and provide support to individuals.
- Able to Communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability of delivering results.
- Takes accountability for actions.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- A degree of flexibility.
Security Vetting and Clearance
The jobholder is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the appropriate levels of security clearance and adhering to the organisation’s security vetting policy and process in force at the time.