Working in collaboration with the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), PearlTV Group, ATSC 3.0 Security Authority (A3SA) and The Advanced Television Systems Committee, Inc (ATSC) as well as many manufacturers and equipment vendors, Resillion has been at the forefront of ATSC 3.0 certification and test material development.
- Arreios for ATSC Test Suite & Materials
- NEXTGEN TV Certification
- A3SA Certification
- RF Testing
- Bespoke ATSC 3.0 Professional Services
ATSC 3.0 technology provides a rich, immersive viewer experience encompassing:
- 4K Ultra-High Definition, High Dynamic Range and High Frame Rate video
- HEVC and SHVC Video and Next Gen Immersive AC-4 or MPEG-H Audio
- IMSC1 Text and Image Profile captions
- ATSC 3.0 DASH, ROUTE & MMT protocols and signalling, service metadata & events
- Interactive Applications through ATSC 3.0’s HTML5 application environment
- Advanced Emergency Alerts
- Streaming to mobile devices and automotive applications
- Targeted Advertising and Video Transitions
- Creation of personalised packages to gain and retain subscribers.
- Special interest or local content aimed at personal interests.
- Content recovery and Watermarking
NEXTGEN TV is currently being rolled-out across the United States and is being adopted by major CE manufacturers.
ATSC for CE Manufacturers
For ATSC 3.0 services that will be compelling and meet consumer expectations, final production devices on the market must be interoperable.
Arreios for ATSC 3.0 is our suite of test automation tools that facilitates the testing of technologies adopted by the ATSC 3.0 standard on broadcast receivers. This complete lab test environment for automated device black box testing allows CE manufacturers to reliably test devices in-house, across ATSC 3.0 technologies.
In addition, Resillion developed the suite of test tools that permits compliant devices to display the Consumer Technology Association’s NEXTGEN TV Logo and complete A3SA certification, ensuring ATSC 3.0 compliance on consumer devices. Displaying the logo on receivers reassures the consumer that their device will offer the immersive viewing experience guaranteed by ATSC 3.0 technologies.
Our ATSC 3.0 RF testing facility in Hong Kong is the first ATSC lab in the world that is ISO accredited meeting HOKLAS ISO17025 standards.
ATSC for Broadcasters & Operators
Customised solutions to validate services, enable content delivery and distribution, with the option to create customised ATSC 3.0 test suite and test materials for ensuring devices meet platform specific requirements, such as the CTA’s NEXTGEN TV logo and A3SA’s complementary DRM and Service Security Certification program. Specialising in binding services, transmission equipment and receiving devices together in an open, standards-based, ecosystem, we help with:
- Knowledge / capability for validating streams and media
- Field and Lab based RF capture and analysis
- Application Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- Test Strategy Consultation
- Development of Test Plans, Test Materials and Certification Regimes
By supporting ATSC 3.0 and the adoption of the NEXTGEN TV Logo, broadcasters and operators can have confidence that the content they produce will deliver expected quality on all compliant devices.
ATSC 3.0 Development
Working with broadcasters, operators and CE manufacturers, our aim is to provide test solutions that support ongoing conformance to ATSC 3.0 across the industry, and facilitate the Consumer Technology Association’s NEXTGEN TV Logo scheme, defining how devices must comply with the standard.
NEXTGEN TV Logo
The NEXTGEN TV Logo was established by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) in association with ATSC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). The logo provides assurance to consumers, content producers, broadcasters, and CE manufacturers that the advanced technologies promised by ATSC 3.0 standards is effectively delivered and reproduced on compliant devices, which display the logo.
Working in collaboration with CTA, NAB and ATSC, Resillion developed a suite of test tools and materials that can be used to test devices to ensure consistent conformance of implementations to the ATSC 3.0 standard. These tests, once passed and approved, facilitate certification of the NEXTGEN TV Logo.
A3SA Certification Programs
Resillion provides test material and a test tool for the ATSC 3.0 Security Authority (A3SA) certification program. A3SA provides enhanced security of content through digital rights management and service protection across the ATSC 3.0 standard for devices and broadcasters.
Resillion NEXTGEN TV Test Material Repository Portal for the NEXTGEN TV Logo can be accessed here. This facility is open to ATSC, CTA and NAB members and Test Suite Licensees that have been added to the portal access list. The tests are either:
- Approved – Tests that require a mandatory pass for a device to be able to carry the NEXTGEN TV Logo
- Recommended – Tests that are for information and cover additional features, which may become approved tests in future releases
- Pending – Awaiting assessment and validation to be categorised as either Approved or Recommended